Last year, I started the tradition of putting together a “ship” list. You can check out the 2015 version here.
In a nutshell, I’m borrowing a page from Seth Godin’s book to share with you my 2015 “Ship List”. The Ship List is anything that you “shipped out” over the course of the year (I’ve cheated a bit to include milestones in this one). Seth compiles his list every year and it’s a great tradition.
Below is my 2016 ship list which includes some personal and professional milestones. The process of compiling the list was actually quite interesting. It allowed me to take a moment and reflect about my year and scroll through my calendar. It’s helpful because it makes you appreciate how much you can accomplish in 365 days.
- Began my new role as Marketing Manager at Actionable.
- peternakamura.com experiences the largest spike in visits with 293 unique visitors.
- Actionable Team retreat in Toronto.
- Volunteered for the Future Possibilities for Kids (FPK) program.
- Started writing the first version of the “Weekly Learnings Roundup” which was originally called “Links of the Week”.
- Spent a week with Carly’s family in beautiful Hermosa Beach, CA.
- Took a cooking class with Carly at Dish Cooking Studio.
- Completed Discovery Session tours in Ohio and Southwestern Ontario.
- Completed a Discovery Session tour in Boston and New York City.
- One-year anniversary of living in my own apartment.
- Published my 50th blog post.
- Participated in the Collision Conference (largest startup conference in North America) in New Orleans, LA. Learned more about what it means to compete and stay relevant in the startup world.
- Completed the 7-month workout challenge in the Seven app.
- Traveled to Las Vegas, NV for Actionable’s first Global Summit and team retreat. Groundwork gets laid for organizational priorities for the second half of the year.
- Participated in a softball tournament with friends.
- Picked up Carly’s kitten – Freddie! Who is now an integral part of our lives.
- Consolidated my finances for greater efficiency using YNAB (You Need a Budget).
- Attended Infusionsoft University in Toronto to deepen my skills with the software.
- Spent a weekend camping at Bon Echo Provincial Park.
- Booked a trip to Japan with Carly.
- Celebrated my 30th birthday with Carly in Prince Edward County, ON.
- Brought on Gina as our first “official” team member on the Discovery Session marketing team.
- Joined the global Actionable team at the Kingsbridge Centre in King City, ON for our annual staff retreat. Amazed to see our team grow from 8 people to over 20.
- Participated in the Axe Batizado and earned the second belt (azul) in capoeira after two years of training. Learned a variety of movements including being able to hold a handstand for at least three seconds.
- Launched my new Daily Tracking tool to create greater awareness of my habits and routines.
- Read my 26th book of the year surpassing my goal set to read 20 books by 30%.
- Developed a Marketing Strategy for 2017.
(Bonus) 2016 Hustle Calendar
Here’s to making your 2017 another productive and meaningful year!